Triangle Credit Union | Nashua, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingFor 76 years TCU has been a sound financial service provider and a trusted community partner, in no small part because of the people that work here. At TCU you can start a career in a supportive member-focused environment. Managers recognize and develop talent and coach employees for success in an environment that is co-operative rather than competitive. Learning is encouraged through classroom training, continuous online training, financial support for job-related education, cross-training, and mentoring.
Commensurate with being a preferred employer, TCU offers competitive benefits for full-time employees including: Medical, Dental, Paid time off, Flex spending accts, paid holidays, company paid short and long term disability, company paid life insurance, retirement plans, Employee Assistant Program and tuition reimbursement.
Role: The Commercial Credit Analyst position will work with Commercial Loan Officers on a wide range of established lending procedures and compliance issues. This position will provide insightful and timely credit analysis of prospective and current borrowers. Reviewing commercial loan files for accuracy and adherence to CU policy. This position will support lending functions, conducting analyses of company income statements, balance sheets, personal and business tax returns, flood determination letters, leases, commercial appraisals, and environmental reports.
The essential requirements for this position include, but are not limited to:
Essential Job Functions
- Gather and analyze credit information on existing and potential new borrowers, determine the advisability of granting credit for a diversified type of loans.
- Evaluates loan requests to properly identify purpose, risk elements, collateral adequacy and recommends appropriate risk rating and identification of any loan policy and documentation exceptions.
- Analyzes and complies member financial conditions and ability to pay
- Interprets financial and industry trends, member payment history, create spread sheets, categorizes and enters data and analyzes trends along with cash flow analysis
- Initiates annual reviews on commercial relationships.Requests current financial statements from members on a regular basis. Evaluates usage, adherence to covenants, and identifies emerging risk issues.
- Prepares and submits loan presentations, which include research data, indication of credit strengths and weaknesses, for review and discussion with loan officers and credit committee
- Determines the adequacy of repayment sources and assess collateral position
- Properly identifies policy and documentation exceptions.
- Monitors loans requiring annual renewals or credit reviews
Non-essential Job Functions
- Assist with the education and support of branch loan personnel in developing loan requests.
- Responsible for compliance with all required regulations and polices especially with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), NCUA Rules and Regulations, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Privacy Act, procedures and regulation specific to TCU Policies
- Promotes business for the credit union by maintaining good member service relations and referring members to appropriate staff for new services.
- Providing friendly and professional service to both Internal and External members, utilizing Service Strategy Standards.
- Assist Loan Officer with drafting of commitment letters.
- As needed, to prepare closing documentation packages using commercial document software package.
- Assisting the department with other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years related experience with significant exposure to credit analysis and loan reporting for commercial lending.
- Minimum Two (2) year Associates Degree in Business or Financing/Accounting
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail while working independently and efficiently in fast past environment.