Composite Inspector - 2nd shift
Safran Aerospace Composites, Inc. | Rochester, NH
Composite Inspector - 2nd shift ($500 SIGN-ON BONUS, $500 AFTER FIRST YEAR)
The role of Composite Inspector requires inspecting and testing composite aerospace parts for conformance to applicable specifications at various stages of the production process. Work will be accomplished using precision measuring and testing equipment, such as a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM). This position reports to a Production Supervisor and also works closely with the CMM Engineer and the Quality Department. After a training period on first shift, this position is for second shift, Monday - Friday, from 3:15pm - 11:15pm (paid meal break).
> Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Inspects incoming goods including visual inspection and dimensional inspection utilizing micrometers, calipers, microscopes as well as other applicable measuring tools.
o Visually inspects parts or components for fissures, porosity, contour, and other physical characteristics.
- *Measures parts and assemblies for dimensional accuracy, using precision measuring instruments, including a CMM, profilometer, templates, jigs, and fixtures.
o Examines surfaces to ensure specified smoothness and evenness of finish.
o Calculates and records test results.
o Performs moment weight operation.
- *Accurately prepares documentation to record inspection results, rework required, and disposition of unacceptable products.
- *Performs data gathering and reivew, using Statistical Process Control (SPC) and other software, at various steps throughout part processing.
- *Liaison with other production personnel to coordinate inspection process and to discuss inspection results.
- *Maintains work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition. This includes performing preventive maintenance and calibration verification.
- *Actively participates in continual improvement activities.
- *Accurately labels parts using prescribed template measurements.
- Follows established Work Instructions, Procedures, and guidelines to meet customer requirements.
- Accountable for the quality of his/her work product.
- Detects and reports defective material or questionable conditions.
- Required to comply with all OSHA regulations related to these operations including but not limited to safety shoes, hearing, and eye protection.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Overtime may be required, based on business needs.
> Job Specifications
- High school diploma or high school equivalency required – Associates degree in a technical specialty preferred.
- No less than two years in a manufacturing environment, in an inspection role strongly preferred. Successful completion of relevant coursework in an accredited advanced manufacturing program may be substituted for experience in a manufacturing setting.
- CMM measuring equipment experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) is beneficial.
- Requires the ability to perform in a high quality standard, fast paced environment.
- Requires the ability to use precision measurement equipment such as calipers, micrometers, scales, etc.
- Basic mechanical skills, knowledge of metric system a plus.
- Experience with non-conformity tracking required.
- Intermediate computer skills particularly MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint and importing photos from a digital camera.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must comply with all Environmental, Health & Safety requirements.
- Experience with Lean practices strongly preferred.
- Confidence in decision making.
- High concentration skills.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
> Working Conditions
- The work is performed in a plant environment. Employee will be exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Lighting and temperature are adequate.
- Eye protection must be worn in manufacturing areas, approximately 90% of a standard work day.
- Ear protection must be worn during certain operations, approximately 10% of a standard work day.
- Various moving parts and machinery common to manufacturing facilities.
- Safely working around and with radiographic equipment regularly.
This position's pay rate is based on relevant experience, includes a 6% shift differential, $500 sign-on bonus and $500 retention bonus after your first year!
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Aerospace Composites must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected characteristics under applicable state or federal laws.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.