Commercial Loan Administrator
Bangor Savings Bank | Colebrook, NH
Bangor Savings Bank
Preferred location is Bangor, ME or Colebrook, NH but open to other bank locations.
Rev. June 2019
Commercial Loan Administrator
FUNCTION: Working under the direction and guidelines established by the Senior Commercial Administrative Manager or designee, the Commercial Loan Administrator (CLA) is the primary servicing representative for commercial banking relationships. The CLA works independently with assistance as needed from a supervisor. The CLA works directly with commercial banking clients, which may have complex needs or loan products with unique characteristics. The CLA consistently supports the commitment to compliance by adhering to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and Bank policies and procedures.
- Processes all daily teller transactions for loan disbursements, payments, and account and wire transfers.
- Provides "Base Sheet" loan implementation, and accuracy of loading new loans on Bank system.
- Establishes and maintains loan & relationship files; ensuring they are complete for both internal and external loan reviews and audits, including the annual FDIC examination.
- Functions as the primary contact with Loan Services for proper billing, maintenance, and modification requests.
- Coordinates the preparation of commitment letters, modifications, and renewals, using judgment and experience to ensure accurate documentation.
- In conjunction with Relationship Manager, prepares loan documentation and coordinates closings. Works closely with the Closing Attorney for proper loan documentation and funding. Reviews documentation for adherence with approved terms and conditions.
- Shows a high level of accuracy and detail in their work.
- Is conscientious and persistent to find accurate and customer friendly solutions.
- Tracks financial statements on appropriate software and works with the relationship team to collect information.
- Provides a high level of service to clients.
- Works with the Bank's loan documentation system to create loan documentation for closings. May work with title companies or law firms to coordinate closings. Reviews title polices in conjunction with loan closings.
- May work with borrowers who have a requirement for borrowing base certificates; works with Credit Support for review, and is responsible for the monthly update of availability on Jack Henry.
- May work with borrowers whose needs include Letters of Credit; works with Senior CLA or Supervisor to provide the appropriate letter and documentation.
- Is able to coordinate the construction disbursement process in conjunction with the Relationship Manager or Portfolio Manager.
- Follow up on required documents post-closing.
- Initiates and receives customer contact regarding billings, loan payments, fees, other charges, and related administrative matters.
- Takes responsibility for resolving customer inquiries.
- Researches customer inquiries and responds promptly in writing, email, or by telephone as necessary.
- Greets customers, answers phone calls, and coordinates appointments.
- Provides the highest quality of service to every customer in the Bangor Savings Bank tradition of teamwork and customer satisfaction.
Compliance and Control:
- Assists in ensuring the Bank complies with local, state and federal regulations.
- Reviews loan documentation for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with approvals.
- Advises and assists Relationship Managers with resolving any deficiencies.
- Follows up with Bank Counsel to correct errors or obtain missing items.
- Coordinates with the Relationship and Portfolio Managers and acts as a resource during Commercial Banking exams/audits (FDIC/FHLB/Chaston/Sheshunoff)
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Works to continue professional development through maintaining a positive team environment with all levels of staff and management.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Manages time well, handles information flow well, accepts accountability, and meets accuracy standards.
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, and takes on new challenges.
- Promotes a team atmosphere, selflessly pitches in, shares information, partners well with others.
- Maintains a clean/functional work space that keeps information organized, accessible and secure.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing.
- Assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, handling service issues politely and efficiently and following appropriate procedures.
TEAMWORK, KNOWLEDGE/SKILL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to perform general banking entries
- One to three years of related banking experience required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook
- Specific familiarity with appropriate software, i.e. Lending Cloud, LaserPro, and Centrax
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently in a fast paced environment
- Required to attend ongoing training sessions to improve professional skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, CONDITION REQUIREMENTS, & EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office environment
- Essential functions of the job are performed on Bank premises
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required
- Microsoft Office products: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Lending Cloud
- Jack Henry
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.