Commercial Banking Administrator
Eastern Bank | Bedford, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
When you join Eastern Bank, you join the largest and oldest mutual bank in the country. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As the fourth-largest full-service commercial bank in Greater Boston, we are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
The Commercial Banking Administrators are the go to people for sales support, loan production, customer service, research, loan maintenance, deposits, report monitoring, portfolio manager support, training and administrative support within the Commercial Banking group. They assist the group head, team leaders, relationship managers and portfolio managers in a variety of complex and confidential administrative duties. Although the Commercial Banking Administrators support separate teams, they do work collectively providing back-up to one another as well as the entire Commercial Banking Team. As key members of the team, the Commercial Banking Administrators participate in staff and divisional meeting and provide input as new developments or compliance issues are updated.
- Provides support to relationship managers (RMs) and portfolio managers (PMs) with marketing and sales by setting appointments, sending prospect letters, cross selling, Excel tracking, updating ECM, attending and/or coordinating bank sponsored events for customers.
- Serves as the primary contact with the Loan Production Group and Loan Operations ensuring that all new loans, renewals, extensions and modifications are processed and set-up as intended advising the support areas as required with more complex transactions including but not limited to participations, industrial revenue bonds, tranche loans and others.
- As directed by the RMs, the Commercial Banking Administrator interacts with customers, attorneys, CPAs, and other lending institutions to resolve problems and/or to provide assistance where needed. Work with customers, attorneys, CPAs, and other lending institutions to ensure that all required documentation, both loan and deposit, is returned as required within an appropriate timeframe.
- Utilizes systems, procedural, operational and enterprise expertise to research and resolve issues and questions that may occur including those from Compliance, Internal Audit and Credit Risk Review. Works closely with and maintains strong productive relationships with the Loan Production Group, Loan Operations, Compliance, Credit Risk Review, Managed Assets, Internal Audit, Deposit Operations, Treasury Services, Security, and the Business and Customer Service Centers to ensure rapid and positive issues resolution.
- Perform loan maintenance as required. Maintenance will include participation settlements, loan payment adjustments, pay-offs and pay-downs, partial releases, interest rate changes.
- Is responsible for opening and maintaining Commercial Banking deposit accounts ensuring that all bank procedures are adhered too. Work with Treasury Services to ensure that all products are set up and working appropriately. In the event of fraud, work with Security, The Business Service Team and Deposit Operations to ensure the safe closure and re-opening of the customer’s deposit accounts. Monitor and process overdrafts and ensuring compliance with overdraft approval and insider transaction procedures. Researches customer delinquencies and aged overdrafts and performs the necessary corrective maintenance to eliminate the cause should problems be the result of internal or systematic errors.
- Assists the RMs and PMs in monitoring various monthly management reports to ensure that renewals, extensions, rate changes and maturity loans are reviewed and the documentation prepared within the time frame designated and approved by the team leaders, group heads and or credit committee. Reports reviewed and monitored by the administrator include Flood, UCC Continuations/Terminations, K-Loan, Missing Documents, Missing Signature Cards, Month End T & C and Sweep Reports.
- Assists the PMs with on-going financial and covenant collection and tracking. Be a resource for the following: Virtual Strategy, T- Value, Credit Reports, Loan Pricing Models, and Financial Tracking System,
- Provide training to the Commercial Banking staff, support areas and others as required.
- Provide administrative support the Commercial Banking Leadership. Generate management reports, perform special projects, process bills, order supplies, send out mail, file, make copies and perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or related knowledge/skills gained through 2 – 3 years of banking experience required
- Microcomputer experience required
- Strong knowledge of commercial banking operations and procedures
- Strong knowledge of general banking operations and activities
- Superior communication, organizational, writing, and interpersonal skills required
- Must be able to work independently with little direction
- Must be resourceful and able to search out answers and solutions to complex problems and issues
- Working knowledge of the following programs:
- Microsoft Office (Excel/Work/Access)
- Exceptions Desktop
- Bankers Insight
- Virtual Strategy
- Metavante Insight