Certified/Registered Medical Assistant (Sign-on Bonus Eligib
Core Physicians LLC | Exeter, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Provide support to the practice in the functional areas of clerical, clinical and business under the direct supervision of a Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Physician.
1. Perform clinical duties such as pre-visit work, obtaining vital signs, providing medication reconciliation, and assisting provider in examinations and/or procedures.
2. Clean and prepare instruments for sterilization as required. Ensures exam rooms are cleaned and stocked.
3. Following standard work procedures, and messaging policy, respond to patient phone portal message on the same day.
4. Use standing protocols to complete pre visit work, close gaps in care, administrator vaccines, and provide prescription refills.
5. May schedule pre-admission and diagnostic testing and place follow up calls to patients after surgery.
6. Perform daily administrative duties of the practice including greeting/check in/check out, scheduling patients, answering telephones, taking messages, organizing patient charts, filing, pulling and copying patient records, collection of co pays and patient balances, posts payment and adjustment transactions, and balances daily journal.
7. Maintains and adheres to established Core policies and procedures and federal regulations, including, patient confidentiality, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards; responsible for participating in the daily huddle and completing any actions required and working as a member of the care team to ensure proper communication between all team members.
8. In some practices, the MA may perform scribing duties; accompany provider into patient examination room and accurately and efficiently document the encounter; order any labs, make referrals, and order prescriptions that have been recommended by the provider.
9. Responsible for monitoring care team metrics to evaluate improvement metrics & outcome.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.