Center Director of Early Childhood Program
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central New Hampshire | Concord, NH
The Boys and Girls Clubs of Central NH is seeking a Center Director of Early Childhood Education. The Center Director will be responsible for providing the program staff with mission, vision and leadership. The Director oversees the general management, administration and day-to-day program management, including budget management, purchasing, development of the child care plans, programs, curriculum, community services, outreach, staff development and performance evaluations.
Program Development and Implementation
- Responsible for the development and coordination of the major content areas such as; education, health, social services, parent involvement, nutrition, disabilities and transportation.
- Ensures the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis, including tracking outcome metrics; verifies that programs/activities respond to member needs and addresses their gender and cultural diversity.
- Increases visibility of Club programs; establishes community connections with local, county and state agencies and individuals within the area who can lend support to the program.
- Coordinates efficient practices of recruiting children.
- Ensures parents’ involvement in decision-making processes; models an attitude of welcoming acceptance of the parents’ role in the program.
- Executes personnel policies of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central New Hampshire; responsible for the hiring, firing, and supervision of all center program staff and volunteers.
- Establishes effective means of communication between the center staff, Branch/Unit Directors and administration.
- Responsible for providing training and professional development for for teachers and support staff members.
- Develops and maintains an ongoing monitoring of budgets; manages monthly receipts and expenditures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have a minimum of an Associate’s degree or a certificate in early childhood education, or other field of study that is focused on children.
- Must have a minimum of 1500 hours of working experience in an early childhood program.
- Experience in staff supervision, fiscal management and administration.
- Knowledge of child development and latest educational theories and practices.
- Ability to motivate members and manage behavior problems with patience.
- Ability to communicate with parents/guardians.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs; proven track of having creative and artistic teaching abilities and experience with starting up a new program.
- Responsible for having a thorough knowledge of the childcare licensing rules for the state of NH.
- Preferred knowledge with NAEYC accreditation.
- Must obtain CPR and First Aid Certifications in order to meet Bureau of Childcare licensing requirements.
- May be required to drive Club van/short bus periodically.
- Must possess a safe driving record and submit a copy of such record to either the Operations Director or Human Resources Generalist.
- May be required to assist in cleaning and organizing the Club.
- Some travel may be required to attend staff meetings and trainings.
- All of the candidates that are offered a job with the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central New Hampshire will have to submit for an FBI fingerprint background check and submit to a background check through State of NH Criminal Records Dept. and FirstAdvantage. Note: The State of NH Childcare Licensing Bureau may prohibit you from being employed by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central New Hampshire should there be a disqualifying finding on your criminal record. In addition, even if the State of NH reviews your records and allows you to work at the Club, we still reserve the right to determine your employment status.
If interested please email you resume and cover letter to Bethany Daigle at email@example.com.
We offer competitive benefits package; salary is negotiable based on experience.