CNC Operator - 1st shift
Safran Aerospace Composites, Inc. | Rochester, NH
The position will be required to successfully operate a 5 axis milling machine on CNC (FANUC and/or Siemens) under the direction of the CNC Engineer and Production Supervisor. This position is for first shift, Monday - Friday, 7:15am - 3:15pm (paid meal break). Overtime may be required, based on business need.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions):
- *Ability to set up and maintain Renishaw probe.
- *Maintain and set up cutting tools dedicated to composite. Machining/presetting/balancing/heat shrink.
- *Maintains work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- *Performs machine maintenance.
- *Must be able to perform the following tasks: milling, de-burring, and all bench operations.
- *Must be able to support engineering setting up of the programs (checking tooling path and CMM results).
- *Actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Follow established procedures.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Required to comply with all OSHA regulations related to these operations including but not limited to safety shoes, hearing and eye protection.
- Overtime may be required, based on business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required – machining certification preferred.
- Experience with CNC equipment (preferably with FANUC and/or Siemens, including tool offsets, programs, modes, macros and the ability to edit programs.
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting strongly preferred. Successful completion of relevant coursework in an accredited advanced manufacturing program may be substituted for experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Understanding of G&M codes required.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal instructions and ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations in order to perform duties described above.
- No less than six months experience using metric measuring tools, including micrometers, calipers.
- Knowledge of and compliance with AS9100C or ISO9001 standards beneficial.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to concentrate and pay attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with coworkers.
- Work requires basic understanding of organization and department policies and practices in order to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Basic word processing skills required, including MicroSoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Work requires: walking or standing over 50% of the time; use hands to finger, handle, feel; talk and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, approximately 20% of a standard work day.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work is performed in a plant environment. Employee will be exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Lighting and temperature are adequate.
- Eye protection must be worn in manufacturing areas, approximately 90% of a standard work day.
- Ear protection must be worn during certain operations, approximately 10% of a standard work day.
- Various moving parts and machinery common to manufacturing facilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected characteristics under applicable state or federal laws.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.