Associate Registrar - Degree Auditor & Curriculum Processor
Plymouth State University | Plymouth, NH
Associate Registrar - Degree Auditor & Curriculum Processor
The Registrar’s Office at Plymouth State University invites applications for a Associate Registrar - Degree Auditor & Curriculum Processor. This position performs a variety of electronic data management and record-keeping duties in support of Registrar Office operations by applying policies and procedures in an organized, efficient and timely manner and engaging in problem solving and triage. Requires dependability, exemplary interpersonal and analytical skills, initiative, a strong work ethic, a meticulous attention to detail and a sharp technical aptitude.
Acceptable minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in student information operation or related area.
- Proven customer service experience.
- Advanced technology skills including MS Office, Internet, database management, and education software products and systems.
- Thorough understanding of FERPA.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Supervisory and training experience.
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Two years of experience in a registrar’s office with degree auditing/curriculum processing experience or equivalent combination of higher education and experience totaling five years.
- A solid understanding of and the capacity to clearly communicate and explain policies and procedures.
- Capable of adhering to legal requirements and regulations and maintaining confidentiality.
- Experience with office duties requiring discretion, prioritization, research and time-sensitivity.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and committed to continuous improvement; takes responsibility for own work.
- Ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
- Adaptability while working in an environment that experiences frequent change.
- Willingness to learn new tasks and recognize and opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Experience with Banner and DegreeWorks curriculum and degree auditing tools and related communication applications.
- Experience with curricular processes, protocols and catalog maintenance.
- Familiarity with diploma ordering and processing platforms.
- Experience with all levels of higher education including adult learners.
- Exposure to education software products such as CourseLeaf and Ellucian Academic Plans.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Exhibit discretion and maintain confidentiality in communicating sensitive information and in handling confidential materials.
- A. Oversee degree auditing for all programs at all levels – pre-auditing/auditing and all related communications to and between students, faculty, advisors and staff
B. Scribe approved student requests in DegreeWorks
C. Manage the psu-degree-info email account
D. Order and track diplomas; participation in and oversight of processing and packaging
E. Manage registrar’s office participation in Graduates Day and commencement preparation activities; oversee student portion of the commencement brochure
F. Attend all Commencement meetings and report needs and decisions back to registrar’s office
G. Oversee all curriculum processing including attending committee meetings (including Gen Ed as needed) and assist faculty with completing curriculum updates properly; process curriculum updates in Banner, CourseLeaf and DegreeWorks
H. Participate in catalog maintenance including Banner to CourseLeaf connections as well as direct updates into the CourseLeaf Product
I. Participate in scribing of all new and revised programs (majors, minors, concentrations and blankets) into the DegreeWorks and Academic Plan systems.
J. Develop new business, communication processes and training to enhance campus-wide usage of all features of Academic Plans and DegreeWorks.
K. Provide end-user training of, students and advisors regarding use of degree plan software and related documents.
- A. Support operations of the registrar’s office utilizing various computer and online solutions including, but not limited to Banner, Xtender, Parchment and the National Student Clearinghouse. Scan/Index documents on a daily basis and utilize MS Office to accomplish daily tasks.
B. Cultivate trust in the registrar’s office by offering quick and accurate answers to questions and reducing the need to shuffle students. Provide general academic information and assistance in a professional and efficient manner, clearly explain university academic policies and procedures and point out resources for self-service.
C. Answer the main phone line, assist with office walk-ins. Research and resolve routine issues; triage more complex as necessary. Prioritize responsibilities to ensure time-sensitive needs are managed quickly.
D. Perform a wide variety of very detailed and time-sensitive data entry and recordkeeping duties relating to student record maintenance in the student information database. Understand appropriate technology and workflow to leverage as a resource for better customer service.
E. Communicate academic and student service related matters and/or specific policy information related to clusters and assist in up-dating and/or developing policies and procedures.
F. Run error reports and resolve issues to maintain data integrity
- A. Participate in office-wide projects to include cross-training and software testing as well as events such as orientation, registration and Panther Days.
B. Assist in researching issues regarding compliance with government and other external regulations and assist with compliance as required.
C. Attend meetings of appropriate committees as delegated, with ability to respond to questions concerning related office issues, and to report meeting content to supervisor.
D. Maintain a neat and organized workstation
Application: For a complete job description and /or to apply online to receive full consideration for this position, please visit: http://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/32732
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.