Assistant Branch Manager
Bangor Savings Bank | Colebrook, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Assistant Branch Manager
FUNCTION: This position provides excellent customer service and a full range of banking services with an emphasis on developing, building and retaining strong customer relationships. Contributes to the overall sales growth of the Bank by engaging in customer conversations to develop rapport, explore financial needs and goals and recommend solutions. Engages business partners to provide more expert assistance as appropriate. Responsible for the day-to-day branch operations and assists in planning, directing, organizing and controlling the activities of the branch, including management of employees. When necessary, processes routine and complex teller transactions efficiently and accurately while meeting the Bank's Customer Experience Standards. May assume responsibility for the Branch in the absence of the Branch Manager.
Sales and Servicing:
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance/professionalism standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook
- May train or assist in training new employees
- Performs additional duties as requested
- Travel to other branches for coverage may be required
- Leadership - motivates and encourages others; ability to attract, motivate and retain staff; delegates routine and important tasks and decisions, shares information, creates an inclusive environment, recognizes success
- Coaching Skills - provide strong skills coaching feedback to direct reports through regularly scheduled observations
- Integrity/Ethics - deals with others in a straightforward, honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, conveys news good or bad
- Vision/Values - supports company mission/values through daily actions and decisions, communicates the Bank's vision, mission and values to others
- Adaptability/Flexibility - adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new challenges
- Initiative - takes action, operates as a pro-active self starter, acts on opportunities to improve, self directed with ability to plan own activities to achieve sales goals
- Interpersonal Skills - has good listening skills, excellent customer service skills, able to communicate clearly and professionally both in telephone and written communication; ability to interact with all levels of staff and management
- Productivity - manages time well, handles information flow well, strong multi tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and organize work flow, accepts accountability, meets accuracy standards
- Decision Making - sound judgment in decision making and problem solving; must be able to think through a problem, following proper steps in finding resolution
- Teamwork - team player with a positive attitude, promotes a team atmosphere, selflessly pitches in, shares information, partners well with others, willingly assists co-workers and share responsibilities
- Sales Skills - applies sales skills to identify customer needs and refer to appropriate business partners, translates product features to benefits, cross -selling skills, ability to identify and act on sales opportunities, works to develop sales skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college, business, banking or professional training helpful
- Two years experience in sales, retail banking, lending, customer service and/or operations
- Demonstrated advanced lending proficiency
- Demonstrated personal computer literacy
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/CONDITIONS REQUIREMENTS
- General office environment
- May be required to move bags of coin short distances. Moderate lifting (up to 50 lbs.) required.
- Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required
- General office equipment
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.
Please note, as an internal applicant you will be receiving the same thank you/confirmation email as external applicants because of an inability to customize based on applicant type.
Bangor Savings Bank is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.