PowerHouse Consulting, Inc. is a nationally known management consulting firm located in Bedford, NH, specializing in Contact Centers and Telecommunications consulting. Founded in 1987 by industry expert Kathleen Peterson, PowerHouse enjoys a long list of ongoing client relationships with widely recognized companies and organizations throughout the U.S. We are a team of seasoned and creative senior consultants that work within a fast-paced yet fun professional environment.
PowerHouse seeks a part-time professional that will be responsible for its accounting and office administration functions. This is a hands-on position with broad responsibilities. The dual role of this position will require experience in accounting as well as general office administrative skills. Only candidates with demonstrated accounting experience within a professional office setting will be considered. They must be advanced users of QuickBooks and the Microsoft Office. This is a part-time, 20 hour/week position with flexible hours (“mother’s/father's hours” are welcome) and paid holidays/vacation. PowerHouse is an equal opportunity employer.
Major Job Tasks
- Handle bi-weekly payroll for PowerHouse employees, including: verification of employee time/expense entries, input of payroll data into ADP, check verification/distribution, payroll tax, and 1099 account maintenance.
- Perform billing and accounts receivable activities, including: invoicing, collections, bank deposits, receivables posting, sales and aging reports, and consultant billing time and expense entry as needed.
- Perform accounts payable activities, including: coding of payables/verification of charges, entry of payables/printing of payables aging, approval of payables/cutting and mailing of checks, online bill payments, and monthly posting to general ledger.
- Perform cash activities, including: bank deposits, checking account maintenance, LOC transfers, managing cash, updating of cash sheets (PR and AP accounts), cash flow forecast, and monthly cash reconciliation.
- Perform month and year end closing and reporting activities, including: AR/AP reconciliation, cash/checking reconciliation, trial balance, accruals/adjustments, final review and monthly closing, monthly financial reports, consultant billing reports, client account reports, and state registration forms and reconciliations.
Office Administration Functions
- Provide office support, including, but not limited to:
- Answering of main corporate telephone line
- Copying, printing, collating, binding (of consultant reports)
- Preparation/receipt of mailings and shipments
- Ordering/managing office supplies and materials
- Coordination with office product vendors (e.g., printer) for repairs, etc.
- Registration of new employees
- Handling of property maintenance issues
- Coordinate and manage professional services, including insurances, attorneys, CPA, state certifications, WBE/DBE certification, etc.
- Provide marketing and project support to senior consultants as needed, including but not limited to:
- Document creation, formatting, editing, and production
- Whiteboard transfers and other transcribing
- Internet research
- Data entry and updating of contact and resume databases
- Three years of accounting experience working for a small to medium sized company within a professional office setting; two or four year accounting degree preferred
- Office management experience within a fast-paced (preferably small-office) environment
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and the Microsoft Office
- Savvy user and navigator of the Internet
- Able to manage and adhere to a designated schedule and balance between work and home
- Excellent phone and oral communication skills
- Solid business writing skills
- Must be able to multi-task, adjust priorities, and work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Must be team spirited and self-motivated
- Must pass a comprehensive background check (including credit and criminal history)
If interested please email your resume and letter of interest to Christopher Hastings, Managing Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.