AEC Director Global Business Development & Account Management
Albany Engineered Composites | Rochester, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Significantly impacts the strategic direction and business success of AEC through the planning and implementation of business development and sales strategies closely aligned to AEC's business growth, customer satisfaction, and financial performance objectives. Manages global Business Development / Account Management and Technical Sales representatives in the identification and capture of potential new strategic customers and programs, and the management of all existing customer relationships to ensure coordinated activities and communication, both internally and externally, to ultimately secure profitable "primary / strategic supplier" relationships with the majority of our designated list of key decision makers and companies.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following values: Safety, Fact Based, Accountable, Respectful, Persistence and Ethical. Put Safety first at all times, never compromise on safety for the obtainment of other objectives. Responsible for health and safety of themselves and coworkers.
- Prepare, present, and implement the annual Sales Plan including but not limited to: current customer overview, gross sales, market share, and sales / share growth or reduction to previous year(s); plus new business development customers and programs gross sales, market share, and new product contribution as a percentage of total sales; plus new market identification and penetration, gross margin; and other key sales metrics, organizational updates, market, and customer / program information.
- Provide direction, guidance, and support to Business Development, Account Management, and Technical Sales Representatives in coordination with overall Customers and Marketing Organization strategy and direction, and in close coordination with the Director of Contracts and Customer Support and Site GMs. Develop, implement, and maintain a disciplined method of screening new opportunities and identifying key strategic programs/product opportunities.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a disciplined, cross-functional, proposal/quotation development process. Coordinate and ensure all proposals for new business or extension proposals of existing business are professionally prepared, properly coordinated and signed-off, and presented in the best appropriate way to each customer per our strategy in-time and right the first time. Continue to monitor and drive all proposals to conclusion. Provide after-action reports with feedback to AEC decision makers on every proposal.
- Serve as Account Manager on key programs of high strategic value to the Company. Personally call on current and prospective customers identified as strategic to leverage AEC's competitive advantages in proprietary materials, processes and product capabilities. Coordinate all customer visits to our facilities and executive visits to customer facilities.
- Ensure "white papers" are established, maintained, and readily available to AEC leadership and those with a need-to-know for all strategic customer relationships. Provide "visit reports" on-line for those same AEC stakeholders in a timely fashion. Escalate immediately all customer issues (once properly vetted for accuracy) to ensure nothing important is missed and/or failed to be properly acted-upon.
- Grow sales as rapidly as possible while improving gross margin and product and customer service quality.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a pricing strategy for sustained profitable growth of the business.
- Act as the "voice of the customer" to assure that AEC looks outward, not inward, as it develops new products, services, and Sales & Marketing strategies and processes.
- Research and analyze customer trends and needs and competitive activity and products. Translate this information into new product development, business capture, and customer service successes.
- As a member of the AEC Management Team, work cross-functionally to develop and implement profitable growth strategies for the business as a whole.
- Support the Senior VP, Global Customers and Marketing in communicating business unit plans, initiatives, objectives, and results to Albany International Corporate Senior Management.
Proven ability to solve complex problems and deliver exceptional results within a sophisticated global manufacturing environment in which cross-functional and cross-cultural teamwork is essential for success. Willingness to perform "hands-on" work while practicing effective delegation.
Demonstrated understanding of Lean/Six Sigma principles.
Proven to be action oriented, results driven, decisive, and customer focused.
Global perspective of business environment and technology.
Strong leadership, management, mentoring, and collaboration skills.
Demonstrated ability to favorably impact standard measures of Sales and Marketing performance through the successful implementation of Business Development best practices.
Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional results within a relatively unstructured, tightly-resourced, high-growth organization would be a significant competitive advantage.
Strong working knowledge of the development and qualification/certification process in the aerospace industry as the pathway for new engineered products production opportunities.
Travel more than 50%.
US Citizen required.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor degree, preferably in Engineering, desired but not required if breadth and depth of experience qualifies as significant.
Fifteen or more years of progressively responsible aerospace industry Sales and/or Marketing experience in an engineered products business required. Applicants not meeting this requirement will not be considered.
- Five or more years of this background must have been spent in a Sales Management role within the aerospace composites industry. Applicants not meeting this requirement will not be considered.