As seen on JobsInME.com
BerryDunn | Portland, ME
As one of the largest, independent certified public accounting and management consulting firms in Northern New England and a top 100 firm in the country, BerryDunn is uniquely qualified to provide audit, accounting, tax, wealth management, valuation and, information technology and government consulting services to a wide range of industries, government entities, individuals, estates and trusts. With over 400 employees and 7 locations in Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, West Virginia, and Arizona, and access to extensive professional accounting services and business advisors worldwide through membership in HLB International, we have the talent and resources needed to provide the answers our clients demand.
Clients trust our advice and our work because we know their industry and their business. Our people develop technical and industry-specific skills to give our clients every advantage. Our firm culture is team-based, with plenty of opportunity for individuals to pursue challenging and interesting career goals while maintaining a work-personal life balance that fits for them and their families.
We have an opening in our Portland, Maine tax group. We are seeking an experienced Tax Assistant for our Portland office to support our Tax practice. As the Tax Assistant you will work closely with a team to process tax returns, compose correspondence, scan and bookmark client information, and maintain knowledge and comfort within various types of software. The position is traditionally full-time, but we are open to a part-time flexible schedule for the right candidate.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Receiving and organizing client data
- Working independently, prioritizing work, and multi-tasking within in fast-paced environment
- Understanding and meeting deadlines, including following up with stakeholders, as necessary
- Demonstrating teamwork dynamics by working as a team member; understanding individual and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; and proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback.
- Prints and assembles tax returns, routes and delivers completed returns to proper principals for review and/or signature. This includes various types of tax returns such as corporate, partnership, individual, fiduciary, trusts, and exempt organizations.
- Handle delivery of returns to client - assemble tax docket / tax package to send.
The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and computer as well as exceptional verbal and written communication skills. The ability to handle confidential and sensitive information, be detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced environment. A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.