Registered Nurse - Emergency Room
Huggins Hospital | Wolfeboro, NH
Under the general supervision of the Director of Emergency Services, is responsible for safe, effective and quality patient and family centered care in the Emergency Department.
Education: Graduate from an accredited nursing program, BSN preferred
Experience: One (1) year of Emergency Nursing experience preferred
Licensure: Current New Hampshire RN license, ACLS, BCLS, obtain NRP and PALS within year of hire, TNCC and CEN within two (2) years of hire
- Plans, evaluates, directs and renders care according to established standards of care
- Incorporates evidenced based best practice into everyday clinical activities
- Manages patient specimens according to hospital policy
- Performs medication reconciliation and administers medications safely and appropriately using the 5 rights of medication administration
- Recognizes and performs nursing interventions to maintain the body’s homeostasis (acid-base balance, fluids and electrolyte imbalances, wound and tissue perfusion)
- In accordance with standing Emergency Department medical protocols and standing orders; enters orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s condition, communicates same treating provider.
- Modify patient’s treatment plans as indicated by patient’s condition
- Maintains accurate, detailed clinical nursing documentation, reports and records
- Within the scope of nursing practice, provides oversight of nursing care activates of ancillary nursing/healthcare teams member.
- Demonstrate flexibility, practice and collaboration to cross train in other departments
- Consistently utilizes clear, concise, professional communication in all interactions including; with patients, families, between disciplines, inter-departmentally and with outside agencies.
- Develops and/or implements an individualized plan of care, including developmental and cultural needs
- Utilizes appropriate resources for non-English speaking patients, healthcare illiteracy, hearing and sight impaired individuals.
- Take proactive steps to recognize and report suspected abuse/neglect including child, elder, sexual abuse, spousal abuse and reports same to supervisor and appropriate authorities.
- Clear communication of patient plan of care and education at a level the patient, family, caregiver can comprehend
- Ensures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; make or recommend necessary adjustments
- Follows Huggins Hospital’s mission, vision and philosophy of care
- Participates in quality review within the department and assists with performance improvement projects
- Adheres to the standards of care as outline by the Emergency Nurses Association
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Adheres to standards and applicable codes of conduct that govern behavior among peer and colleagues to create an environment promoting cooperation, respect and trust
- Maintains professionalism by conforming to the Huggins Hospital dress code
- Continues professional growth by maintaining education hours for license renewals
- Maintain certifications: ACLS, BCLS, PALS, NRP