RVNA - Program Assistant
Exeter Health Resources and Affiliate Companies | United States,
The Program Assistant supports the Hospice department and manager(s) and will perform both routine and complex secretarial functions.
· High School Diploma or GED
· 1 to 3 years of directly related experience
1. Receives and directs staff or patients. Provides callers with specific information and follows up on inquiries; takes and relays messages.
2. Set up and maintain systems for filing, faxing, copying and e-transmittals.
3. Record meeting minutes, schedule, and organize meetings, appointments, committee records and departmental files.
4. May coordinate distribution of policies/memos or assist with department mailings.
5. May track expenses or other information. Submits invoices for payments.
6. Orders and maintains supplies for department. Assist with ordering of agency supplies as needed.
7. Creates reports, formats documents and composes correspondence for review. May transcribe orders.
8. Creates and maintains filing system for optimal retrieval and efficiency. May prepare charts. Keeps tickler system.
9. Disposes of obsolete files in accordance with established schedule and procedure.
10. Organizes the department and may prioritize the work of others.