Huggins Hospital | Wolfeboro, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Under the general supervision of the Director of Rehabilitation and Diagnostics Services, is responsible for administering Occupational Therapy services including evaluations, establishment/modification of treatment plan, provision/supervision of treatment and documentation to inpatients and outpatients within the departmental and facility policies and procedures.
This is a per diem position.
Education: Bachelors and/or Masters and/or Doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited institution.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in a hospital and outpatient setting.
Licensure: Licensed in NH by the NH State Board of Allied Health, CPR certified. PAMS certified if performing modalities.
Quality and Customer Service
- Greets and welcomes all patients by name with a smile and at anticipated/scheduled time
- Ensures documentation is completed and thorough with all patients in accordance with departmental policies and expectations of patients' insurance requests.
- Completes and edits own charges on a daily basis to help ensure accuracy.
- Participates in mandatory competencies yearly as demonstrated by attendance and test and participates in monthly chart audits.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. Develops physical therapy staff by providing information; developing and conducting in-service training programs.
- Validates prescription from provider is present, understood prior to the evaluation and treatment of the patient. Provide evaluation and treatment according to the provider's order, calls provider if clarification is needed.
- Performs evaluations and reevaluations according to the departmental policies.
- Evaluates effects of Occupational Therapy treatments and fit of splinting devices by observation, noting, evaluating patient's progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
- Therapist will use objective measures on all evaluations and documented findings. Measurable/functional goals will be written based off these objective findings.
- Treatment plan will be developed based on clinical findings, with the input of the patient and according to the providers order.
Treatment and Discharge Plan
- Treatment plan addresses the needs of the patient including age, physical, psychological and learning needs. Encourages the patient to participate in their plan of care and goals by asking appropriate questions.
- Uses a variety of therapeutic exercise, functional training, manual therapy techniques, assistive and adaptive devices, equipment and physical agent modalities (with appropriate PAMS license) Treatment procedures are carried out according to the department guidelines.
- Educates patient of diagnoses, ongoing goals, progression of care, and discharge plan.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with referring provider, nurses, social workers and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise program: instructing patients, families and caregivers in home exercise program; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or Home care.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Keeping current with insurance demands, restrictions, authorizations that may be needed, educating and informing patients of their insurance limits.
- Teach/lead Occupational therapy students as well as those in other health professions. Educate other healthcare providers and the public of Occupational Therapy and what therapy has to offer.
- Direct/supervise COTA, delegating specific patients to them establishing channels of ongoing communication of mutual patients.
- Travel to other locations within Huggins Hospital sites, as needed.
- Consult and practice with other health professionals for the overall wellbeing of their mutual patient.