- Establishes programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and creates an outcome-driven Club experience.
- Promotes and stimulates program participation; registers new members and participates in their club orientation process; - provides guidance and role modeling to members.
- Ensures that all childcare licensing requirements per the NH Childcare Licensing Bureau are implemented.
- Ensures a healthy, safe environment, with well-maintained facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Participates in grant application process providing ideas for funding programs and other services.
- Develops and increases visibility of the Club programs through daily schedule posting, event announcements, and dissemination of information through advertising, flyers and press releases.
- Two-year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Preferably a minimum of two years of work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization with planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people; 1000 hours experience working with children in a licensed child care program, recreation program or elementary school.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- May be required to drive Club van/short bus.
- Must possess a safe driving record and submit a copy of such record to either the Operations Director or Human Resources Generalist.
- May be required to assist with cleaning and organizing the Club.
- Ability to deal effectively with members including disciplinary problems.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Must obtain CPR and First Aid Certifications in order to meet Bureau of Childcare licensing requirements.
- All of the candidates that are offered a job with the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central New Hampshire will have to submit for an FBI fingerprint background check and submit to a background check through State of NH Criminal Records Dept. and FirstAdvantage. Note: The State of NH Childcare Licensing Bureau may prohibit you from being employed by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central New Hampshire should there be a disqualifying finding on your criminal record. In addition, even if the State of NH reviews your records and allows you to work at the Club, we still reserve the right to determine your employment status.