Huggins Hospital | Wolfeboro, NH
Under the general supervision of the Director of Clinical Nutrition, is responsible for performing diet interpretation and patient tray services in compliance with nutrition prescription nutrient goals, hospital presentation standards and best practices for food safety and sanitation.
This is a per diem position.
Education: High school graduate/GED.
Experience: Six months experience in Health Care Food Service preferred
Licensure: ServSafe Certification Preferred
- Under the direct supervision of the Nutrition Assistant Leader, provides timely and compliant meals, beverages, snacks, supplements to all patients and participants of the Adult Day Program. Assists patients, caregivers to select meals within the goals of the nutrition prescription ordered according to established procedures, standards and times.
- Works with the Food Service chefs to perform food prep, tray set up and delivery within forty-five minutes of the order being placed. Follows department recipes and methods for all NA foods including modified textures and consistencies.
- Reviews updated census prior to each meal period to update room service data base with new admissions, discharges, patient preferences, nutrition prescriptions, and snacks/supplements ordered. Monitors the room service program to ensure all appropriate patients receive a meal within each meal period.
- Proficient with computerized documentation.
- Performs stocking and restocking in all assigned areas per the FIFO method.
- Assists with Food Service Signage for cafeteria.
- Responsible for daily floor stock, taking of refrigerator temperatures of unit kitchenettes and cold food bar with all documentation, restocking of NA items in kitchen between meals and NA office cleanliness. Participates in monthly unit kitchenette refrigerator cleaning as assigned.
- Performs transportation of patient food within the facility, with set up of meals for appropriate patients to ensure temperatures are met for safe food service.
- Requests assist from Nursing for patient positioning for meals.
- Sets the stage for a positive patient interaction by always introducing self and professional role.
- Answers Room Service Call Center calls promptly and courteously
- Facilitates patient and family centered care via clear communication of nutrition prescription ordered and meal goals of the nutrition prescription.
- Recognizes and utilizes appropriate resources for non-English speaking patients, healthcare illiteracy and hearing and sight impaired individuals.
- Take proactive steps to recognize and report suspected abuse/neglect including child, elder, sexual abuse, spousal abuse, and reports to supervisor and/or appropriate authorities
- Adheres to Infection Prevention standards, consistent in hand hygiene practice while prepping and delivering foods. Holds team members to hand hygiene standards.
- Adheres to Food Safety and Sanitation standards consistent with ServSafe best practices when prepping and delivering foods. Holds team members to ServSafe standards.
- Participates in quality review within the department, utilizes evidence based best practices and participates in performance improvement projects.
- Displays ability to work as a team member. Is able to take direction and be accountable to assist shift team to accomplish all room service related priorities. Demonstrates understanding of work schedule reliability and proactive communication to Clinical Nutrition team dynamics.
- Adheres to standards and applicable codes of conduct that govern behavior among peer and colleagues to create an environment promoting cooperation, respect and trust
- Maintains professionalism by adhering to the Huggins Hospital dress code
- Continues professional growth by maintaining and/or renewing ServSafe Certification per industry standards